Professor Kevin Harrington, Magnetic Resonance team
Current research projects/themes include
- Evaluation and qualification of MRI biomarkers of diffuse adult and paediatric glioma, and neuroblastoma.
- The role of platelet-derived growth factor, and effects of putative platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) antagonists, on tumour vascular morphology and function.
- Identification of in vivo biomarkers of tumour response to hypoxia-inducible factor-1 (HIF-1) inhibition.
- Evaluation and qualification of susceptibility magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)-derived biomarkers of tumours with velocity CT imaging of vascular corrosion casts.
- Imaging biomarkers in malignant bone disease.
- Non-invasive imaging of tumour elasticity using magnetic resonance (MR) elastography.
- The use of intrinsic susceptibility blood oxygen level-dependent (BOLD) MRI to assess tumour hypoxia.