UBIMOTIF MSCA H2020 Innovative Training Network studentship funded by the European Commission
The UBIMOTIF consortium includes 13 research groups and 6 partners from 10 European countries and is a joint training and research program with focus on identification, characterisation and exploitation of short linear motifs in the ubiquitin system.
Visit the UBIMOTIF website for more information.
The studentship will require a considerable amount of travelling including participation in meetings and workshops and completion of two 3 month secondments outside the host laboratory (at the University of Uppsala, Sweden and the IMB Mainz, Germany). Therefore, a requirement is the willingness to travel and stay abroad.
Candidates will be required to meet the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Early Stage Researcher eligibility criteria:
- Mobility Rule: researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the United Kingdom for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status are not taken into account. The earliest possible recruitment date is likely to be after July 2020.
- Early Stage Researcher (ESR) criteria: ESRs must, at the date of recruitment by the host organisation, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when the researcher obtained the degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged).
- You will only be considered for the position if you fulfil (and can prove so) the eligibility criteria.
Candidates must also meet the ICR's English language criteria.
The position is funded for four years. For the first three years, the selected candidate will receive a MSCA H2020 ETN salary of €5,171/month consisting of a monthly living allowance of €4,571 and a monthly mobility allowance of €600.
An additional €500/month is available if the participant is eligible for the family allowance at time of recruitment (see details here). The exact salary will be calculated in GBP. The 4th year of the PhD will be covered by an ICR-funded stipend and resources at ICR rates (currently £21,000 per annum).
PROJECT: In-silico discovery of the degrons and the degron-mediated recruitment modules of the human Ubiquitin E3 Ligase system
- Application dashboard recruitment round: UBIMOTIF 2020
- Application menu title: In-silico investigation of the human Ubiquitin E3 Ligase system
- Project reference: UB20-33
- Primary supervisor: Dr Norman Davey
- Other members of the supervisory team: Professor Ylva Ivarsson, additional to be decided.
- Primary division and team: Cancer Biology, Computational Pathology (Chelsea)
- Project area(s): Computer Science
- Application deadline: Friday May 8 2020 11:55pm UK time. References received by May 15.
- Interview Dates: Expected to be in late May, dates to be confirmed
- Start date: Before October 2020
View project proposal