The course will include taught and practical workshops to:
- Improve understanding of the basic principles of MRI
- Build foundation skills to support the increase in demand for MRI simulation
Develop practical skills
- Learn about current clinical pathways and the latest research developments
The practical demonstrations will include:
- MR simulation, image acquisition and interpretation, RT set up and safety.
- Sequence and parameter manipulation
- Adaptive workflow on the MR Linac
Provisional lecture list
- The clinical need for MR in radiotherapy
- Image contrast, Resolution and Factors affecting signal-to-noise
- MR Simulation
- MR planning workflow
- MR-CT fusion planning
- Image fusion and dosimetry
- Safety considerations
- Regional MR in RT – Pelvis,
- Regional MR in RT, Abdomen (liver and pancreas)
- Regional MR in RT, Breast
- Managing motion (4D)
- MR in Brachytherapy
- MR Linac QA
- Diffusion Weighted Imaging (DWI) principles and applications
- Functional imaging
Previous comments from attendees:
“I have now significantly more knowledge of potential for MRI in radiotherapy, its benefits and drawbacks.” - Clinical Oncologist
“MRI in radiotherapy planning is a lot more complicated than I thought. Highlighted that we would be crazy to do more MRI without an MRI physicist in the trust.” - Radiotherapy Physicist
“Excellent overview of MRI and how it is and will be used in the future.” - Radiotherapy Physicist
“Collaboration between diagnostic and Therapy radiographers is vital in MR planning.” - Therapeutic Radiographer
Information for applicants
Registration is now closed as this course is fully booked.
To be confirmed.
Registration form for the 2022 course will be available from 1 st April 2022
Numbers of participants are strictly limited to provide a friendly open forum for debate, and to assist in the running of the workshops. Registration therefore is on a first-come-first-serve basis; there are no provisional bookings.
A place will be allocated only on receipt of the registration form together with a cheque, valid quoted payment reference or completed bank transaction (credit/debit card or BACS).
Registration forms without a cheque or payment reference will not be processed.
Accommodation is available in local hotels. Details can be supplied on request by ticking the appropriate box on the registration form.
For further details on up to date course content call +44 (0)20 86613702 or email Caroline Saunders.