Main Menu

NIHR academic training

Using funding from the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), The Institute of Cancer Research offers training programmes that support NHS doctors to undertake specialty training to also train as academic researchers.

These allow clinicians at varying degrees of specialisation the opportunity to develop their academic skills alongside clinical training.

Academic Clinical Fellowships support NHS doctors undertaking specialty training to also train as academic researchers, granting them 25 per cent of their time to undertake research, while undertaking specialist clinical training for the remaining 75 per cent of their time.

Academic Clinical Lectureships are aimed at those who are advanced in their specialty training. These offer clinicians the opportunity to split their time evenly between research and further specialist training.

For further information, please visit the NIHR TCC website.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to our use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy. You can change your cookie settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.