Applications to our clinical PhD programme are now closed. If you would like to register you interest in future opportunities, please email the Registry.
Our clinical PhD fellowships are funded through our ICR and Imperial Clinical Academic Training in Cancer Research -and- Wellcome Trust Clinical PhD programme(s) These prestigious fellowships aim to support the training of future clinical academic leaders in cancer research.
Clinicians will receive expert supervision from the ICR’s top-class Faculty and participate in the highly successful translational research culture of the ICR and The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust.
Clinicians on this prestigious training programme will also benefit from:
- Access to our bespoke career development programme for clinical academics and our dedicated mentoring scheme, run through the ICR/RMH Biomedical Research Centre.
- An annual off-site retreat to support clinicians to integrate as a cohort and enhance their academic and transferable skills.
- A full programme of training tailored to the needs of the individual, including statistics, research methods, bioinformatics, laboratory skills, research integrity, academic writing and flexibly-delivered online training including Research Clinician and Perspectives in Oncology.
- Priority application to the ICR/RMH flagship Pathway to Independence - Clinical Academics in Cancer Research residential programme. A competitive programme providing intensive coaching to prepare you for academic independence and applications for clinician scientist awards.
- Ability to apply for internal Bridge funding for six months protected research time after the PhD to provide time to finish writing papers and prepare for further research funding applications.