This privacy notice applies to information we hold about members of the public who have submitted their information via The Institute of Cancer Research website using the share your story form.
Collecting personal information
We may receive information about you when:
- You get in touch with us directly, for example by emailing us at [email protected], or by filling out our share your story form.
- A friend or family member submits information about your cancer story (with your permission) through our online form or by emailing us at [email protected]. In this case we receive only minimal information about you and will be in touch to confirm consent with yourself via our Third Party Form before we collect further information.
Using personal information
We will only use the information supplied to us with your consent or in line with the ICR’s legitimate interests, taking into account your rights as data subjects. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
Your information will be processed for the purposes of:
- Recording your contact preferences
- Identifying volunteers who may be willing to share their story that is appropriate and relevant for the ICRs research developments
- Contacting you to ask for your support and further information about your story
- Keeping a record of your relationship with the ICR
Retention of personal information
Stored personal information will be reviewed periodically and only kept if relevant to the ICR’s communications strategy. You will be contacted at the minimum on an annual basis to remind you that you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
Your personal information will not be disclosed to any third party without your prior consent.
You may request to access information held about you at any time. Find out more about making a request here.