Making your application
1. Look at the project list to identify studentships of interest and review the project proposal forms for these. Make a note of the relevant application round and project titles.
2. Log into the Student Recruitment System. If you are new to the system, you will need to create an account. This involves entering your full name, email address, and a password. You will need to tick boxes to confirm that you've read our PhD entry requirements and the privacy notice.
3. Once in Student Recruitment System, you will have to select the recruitment round. If more than one recruitment round is running concurrently, the project details page will say which round to select. Recruitment rounds may have different deadlines.
4. You should proceed to fill out your application on the Student Recruitment System.
5. Where there is more than one project available, you can state your preferred projects in the 'Research Interests' section. Each project has a unique application menu title. Select the correct application menu titles from the drop-down menu.
6. In the 'References' section you must nominate two referees. Your referees will be contacted automatically when you submit your application. Recruiting supervisors will review references at the shortlisting stage.
7. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page if you need more information about the application process.
If you have been selected for interview, you will be contacted by the ICR Registry via email with further information. Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, it will not be possible to contact all applicants to advise them if they have been unsuccessful.
For questions about the application process please contact [email protected]