- Applications for the March 2020 recruitment round opened on Thursday 5 March
- Applications for the 'March 2020 ICR and Imperial Convergence Science PhD programme' recruitment round opened on Thursday 12 March
The process for applying is:
1. Look at the project list to identify studentships of interest.
2. Log into the ICR Studentship Recruitment System. If you are new to the system, you will need to create an account, which involves entering your full name, email address, and a password. You will also need to tick boxes to confirm that you've read our PhD entry requirements and the ICR's privacy notice.
3. Select the appropriate recruitment round (specified in the project details) to begin your application and follow the instructions carefully. You will be asked to enter your personal information, education details, work experience details, and English language qualifications (if applicable).
4. If there is more than one project available in the current round – you can indicate up to two project preferences in the "Research Interests" section. Each project on the project list has a unique Application menu title. Please ensure that you select the correct application menu titles from the drop-down menu when indicating your project preferences.
5. In the "References" section you must nominate two referees. We will automatically request references from them as soon as your application is submitted, and will NOT consider applications without references.
March 2020 recruitment round deadline: You must submit your application to the March 2020 recruitment round by Friday 1 May 2020– 11.55pm UK time. You are advised to ask your referees to respond promptly to us – the deadline for their references is Friday 8 May 2020. This is an extended deadline, the previous was 3 April 2020 for applications and 10 April for references. Candidates may be contacted by recruiting supervisors before the new deadline.
March 2020 ICR and Imperial Convergence Science PhD programme deadline: You must submit your application to the March 2020 recruitment round by Friday 17 April 2020 – 11.55pm UK time. You are advised to ask your referees to respond promptly to us – the deadline for their references is Friday 24 April 2020.
If you have been selected for interview, you will be contacted by the ICR Registry via email with further information.
Unfortunately because of the volume of applications we receive it will not be possible to contact all applicants to advise them if they have been unsuccessful.
For the March 2020 recruitment round, interviews have originally been scheduled for late April or early May 2020 but are liable to change. Any changes will be confirmed in the near future.
For the March 2020 ICR and Imperial Convergence Science PhD programme, interviews have originally been scheduled for the week commencing 4 May 2020 (likely to be on May 7). These are liable to change. Any changes will be confirmed in the near future.
What to expect at interview