Professor Rosalind Eeles, Oncogenetics team
Prostate Cancer Research
Full details on the Prostate Cancer Research activities including:
- The UKGPCS (UK Genetic Prostate Cancer Study). Cancer Research UK/British Prostate Group/British Association of Urological Surgeons’ Section of Oncology Studies and the International ACTANE and PRACTICAL Consortium Studies.
- Studies of Molecular Markers in Familial versus Sporadic Prostate Cancer Tumours.
- Gene–Environment Interaction Studies in Prostate Cancer.
- IMPACT (Identification of Men with a genetic predisposition to Prostate Cancer:Targeted screening in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers and controls).
- Breast Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Screening Studies in High-Risk Individuals.
- A UK Multicentre Study of MRI versus Mammography as a Screening Measure in Women at High Risk of Breast Cancer (MARIBS): The Interaction of Genetic Risk with Screening Parameters.
Cancer Predisposition Gene Carriers - Testing, Epidemiology and Psychosocial studies
Full details on the Cancer Predisposition Gene Carriers research activities including:
- Psychosocial Studies of Predictive Genetic Testing
- An Epidemiological Study of the Interaction of Lifestyle Factors and Germline Mutation in the BRCA1/2 Genes (the EMBRACE study)
- A Serial Collection of Biological Samples from Individuals with Germline Mutations in the BRCA1/2 Genes
A Prospective Observational Study of Outcome and Survival Endpoints in BRCA1/2 Gene Carriers who have Undergone Prophylactic Surgery (the PROSE Study).
We are determining the incidence of cancer after prophylactic breast and ovarian surgery and its psychological implications.