To be eligible for the MD(Res) a candidate must have:
- obtained the MBBS degrees of the University of London or some other registerable primary qualification in Medicine and be eligible for full registration or hold limited registration with the General Medical Council; or
- obtained the BDS degree of the University of London and/or be eligible for registration with the General Dental Council; and
- have clinical experience relevant to the post.
In addition, it is desirable for candidates to have:
- research experience relevant to the post.
For more information, download the procedural documents below:
ICR Admissions Policy and Procedure
Appeals and Complaints Procedure for Applicants
All candidates must complete the ICR application form, which can be obtained by emailing the Registry.
In addition to a completed application form, candidates must provide a protocol outline and discuss this with their supervisor before it is approved by their Head of Division. The supervisor must also complete a supervisor form.
Once all forms are complete and signed they should be returned to the Registry with:
- written confirmation from the relevant ICR Head of Division, or Royal Marsden Hospital Department Head, confirming that there is full funding in place for a minimum of two years
- copies of certificates of academic qualifications
- evidence of ethical approval for the project if required
- copy of passport, visa (if applicable) or national ID card (EU only)
- evidence of proficiency in English, i.e. TOEFL/IELTS scores (if applicable).
View tuition fees