Our clinical PhD fellowships are funded through our Cancer Research UK Centre and Wellcome Trust Clinical PhD programme to develop and support future leaders in clinical cancer research.
Applicants from a range of clinical specialities are invited to apply, including oncology, paediatrics, radiology, surgery, anaesthesia and hematology.
You will receive expert supervision from the ICR’s top-class faculty and participate in the highly successful translational research culture of the ICR and The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust.
Clinicians on this prestigious training programme will also benefit from:
- Mentoring from a senior clinical academic to support the transitions between clinical training and research
- An annual off-site retreat to support clinicians to integrate as a cohort and enhance their academic and transferable skills.
- A full programme of training tailored to the needs of the individual, including statistics, research methods, bioinformatics, laboratory skills, research integrity, academic writing and flexibly-delivered online training including Research Clinician and Perspectives in Oncology.
- Access to our bespoke Clinical Academic Career Development programme, run through the ICR/RMH Biomedical Research Centre.
- The ICR/RMH flagship Pathway to Independence - Clinical Academics in Cancer Research residential programme, providing intensive coaching to prepare you for academic independence and applications for clinician scientist awards.
- Bridge funding for six months protected research time after the PhD to provide time to finish writing papers and prepare for further research funding applications.