Dr Simon Robinson, Magnetic Resonance team
Current research projects/themes include
- Evaluation and qualification of MRI biomarkers of diffuse adult and paediatric glioma, and neuroblastoma.
- The role of platelet-derived growth factor, and effects of putative PDGF antagonists, on tumour vascular morphology and function.
- Identification of in vivo biomarkers of tumour response to HIF-1 inhibition.
- Evaluation and qualification of susceptibility MRI derived biomarkers of tumours with velocity CT imaging of vascular corrosion casts.
- Imaging biomarkers in malignant bone disease.
- Non-invasive imaging of tumour elasticity using MR elastography.
- The use of intrinsic susceptibility (BOLD) MRI to assess tumour hypoxia.