Our research consists of three interwoven themes.
Hypofractionation in prostate cancer
- Using the MR Linac to deliver gold-standard image guided radiotherapy and to establish the benefits of this novel device
- Exploring the role of profound hypofractionation (SBRT in 5 fractions) in intermediate and high risk prostate cancer
- Dose-painting (putting the radiation dose where it has the optimal therapeutic ratio) in moderate and profound hypofractionation
- Exploring the limits of extreme hypofractionation
Radiotherapy for metastatic disease
- Can radiation be used as a systemic therapy in metastatic disease?
- Can radiation provide a method of ablating treatment resistant clones?
- Does irradiating pelvic lymph node microscopic metastases improve outcomes in prostate cancer?
Combining drug treatments with ablative radiotherapy for mutual synergy
- Immunotherapy and radiotherapy are synergistic and combining the two is likely to augment the response of each.
- Radiotherapy may be useful in targeting treatment resistant clones in castration-resistant prostate cancer, prolonging time on systemic therapy and delaying the need for chemotherapy.