Current research themes in our team include:
- Design of imaging probes to quantify tumour metabolism and changes in the tumour microenvironment in response to treatment.
- Strategies to image innate and acquired resistance to therapy, for example through imaging EGFR mutant status (application to companion diagnostics).
- Radiolabelling of biomolecules using bioorthogonal chemistry.
- New strategies for imaging apoptosis, metastasis and proliferation in treatment response models.
- Clinical PET imaging in collaboration with Nuclear Medicine clinicians
- Development of new fluorine-18 radiochemistry methodology to simplify GMP processes and broaden the scope of chemistry applicable to cassette based GMP platforms.