Dr Marco Gerlinger, Translational Oncogenomics team
Our research focuses on the following key questions:
- How do gastrointestinal cancer genomic landscapes change over time and during spatial tumour expansion?
- What genetic changes and molecular mechanisms drives chemotherapy and targeted therapy resistance in colorectal and gastro-oesophageal cancers?
- Can resistance be reversed or targeted through synthetic lethal approaches?
- How can we stop or steer drug resistance evolution? Are combination therapies, dose modulated therapies or ctDNA based personalized adaptive therapies optimal?
- How can we increase the immunogenicity of gastrointestinal cancers in order to maximize the number of patients with GI cancers who benefit from immunotherapy?
- How can we use precision medicine approaches to improve cure rates in early stage GI cancers?
- What are the fundamental limits of predictability in precision cancer medicine?