Terms and Conditions
Except where indicated otherwise all copyright and other rights that subsist in the home page and in the sub-domain pages of the http://www.icr.ac.uk ("the Site") are owned by The Institute of Cancer Research: Royal Cancer Hospital ("The Institute") of 123 Old Brompton Rd London SW7 3RP (Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered in England No. 534147. A Charity, Not for Profit, VAT Registration No. GB 849 0581 02).
All use of the Site is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
1. You may use all material from the Site for your own personal, non-commercial purposes as a personal information resource in good faith only. Any other type of use requires the prior written agreement of The Institute.
2. The Site is intended to be accessed by users in the UK. Non-UK users must appreciate that the information contained on the Site may not be relevant to them and that their access to the Site might be restricted by local laws.
3. You will not use the Site:
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site;
- to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party;
- in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms; or
- in any way that might bring The Institute into disrepute.
4. The information provided on or in the Site is intended for recreational, information, non-commercial purposes only. Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by The Institute, its employees and agents in these pages, the contents of the Site are naturally subject to change from time to time. On those pages of the Site containing medical or legal information, The Institute cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of that information. The Site should only be used to support, not replace, the advice of your own doctor, solicitor or other advisor.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHECKING THE ACCURACY OF RELEVANT FACTS AND OPINIONS GIVEN ON THE SITE BEFORE ENTERING INTO ANY COMMITMENT BASED UPON THEM.
5. The Institute cannot guarantee that your use of the Site will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. The Institute, its directors, its trustees, its employees and its representatives exclude, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility for any damages (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of The Institute or its officers) including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages, damages for loss of opportunity or chance, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of, or in connection with, any information on the Site or any other Internet sites or the use thereof.
6. On some of the pages of the Site you may be informed of the opportunity of entering into agreements with third parties. The Institute is not liable in relation to, and takes no responsibility for, any contract entered into by you with any third party.
7. Where information (including sensitive financial or personal information) is provided to The Institute directly through the Site or by email you accept that these methods of communication cannot be 100% secure. Where sensitive financial information is provided to The Institute it uses encryption software to attempt to prevent unauthorised access to this information being obtained. However, The Institute cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any damages (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of The Institute or its officers) arising from the misuse or loss of data or information submitted by you to The Institute directly through the Site or by email.
8. Some of the pages on the Site include links to external websites. These links are included to give you the opportunity to access other pages that it is felt may be of interest or assistance to you. The Institute is not responsible for the content of these Internet sites.
9. The Institute may, from time to time, have competitions, prize draws or other promotions and offers on the Site. These will be subject to additional terms and conditions that will be made known to you.
10. Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Site is free from viruses, The Institute gives no warranties it will always be free from viruses and you are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate and up-to-date virus-checking software. The Institute excludes, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of The Institute or its officers) for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or as part of the Site.
11. The names, images and logos identifying The Institute or third parties and their products and services, are the proprietary marks of The Institute, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and The Institute reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
12. These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Site after any variation has been posted.
13. If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Site shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
16. View information on Freedom of Information.