The Enterprise Unit works with scientists from ICR and The Royal Marsden to identify new inventions and partner these with commercial companies who can provide the resources for development. By working with industry we aim to ensure that as wide a patient population as possible benefits from our discoveries.
Below are listed a few of the products which we invented or helped develop that are currently on the market and some products that we hope will reach the market soon.
Products on the Market
- Abiraterone, is a new type of treatment for prostate cancer.
- Carboplatin a treatment for lung and ovarian cancer.
- Tomudex a cytotoxic antimetabolite most commonly used to treat colorectal cancer. Currently licensed to Hospira UK Ltd who are investigating use for mesothelioma.
- Antibodies ICR has licensed antibodies for research use to Advanced Biotechnologies, Serotec, Santa Cruz Biotechnology and Millipore.
- MRIW A software tool for analysis of vasculature in MR imaging. Licensed to Synarc for use in clinical trials and Biotronics3D who are selling a collaboration version of the software called 3D Net MRIW.
Products in Development
- Hsp90; together with Vernalis ICR developed an inhibitor of Hsp90 this is currently in a phase II trial with Novartis.
- PARP Inhibitors to treat patients with breast cancer or ovarian cancer associated with mutations in BRCA1 or BRCA2. Currently in phase II with AstraZeneca.
- Picoplatin Licensed to Genzyme and Poniard; currently in phase III for small cell lung cancer and phase II for metastatic colorectal and hormone-refractory prostate cancer.
- Satraplatin Licensed to Spectrum Pharmaceuticals and GPC Biotech for the treatment of second-line hormone refractory prostate cancer, currently in phase III. Satraplatin is the only oral platinum based compound in advanced clinical development.