The aim of our PhD studentships is to train students to carry out cutting-edge cancer research.
Students will be based in one of the eight research divisions:
- Breast Cancer Research
- Cancer Biology
- Cancer Therapeutics
- Clinical Studies
- Genetics and Epidemiology
- Molecular Pathology
- Radiotherapy and Imaging
- Structural Biology
Students will be supervised by institute recognised supervisors in their relevant area of research, and will gain the skills and confidence needed to work in the multidisciplinary environment required for cancer research.
The key features of the training will be:
- acquisition of background knowledge of cancer research across a broad range of disciplines
- the opportunity to pursue a single research problem over a four-year period
- cohort-based interdisciplinary learning
- training in relevant areas