The minimum entrance qualifications for registration for PG Cert / PG Dip / MSc Oncology are as follows:
- Medical qualifications (graduate medical degree)
- At least 2 years of postgraduate experience in clinical medicine
- Current registration with either the UK GMC, or for International students with the relevant equivalent national authority
- Non-native English speakers should have a standard of English equivalent to IELTS 7.0
The following are desirable, but not essential:
- At least 6 months of previous clinical experience
- Evidence of planning a career in clinical or medical oncology (evidence of NTN registration, or evidence of submittal of application to obtain such registration)
English language and other tests may be prescribed by the ICR. Course leaders reserve the right to make the final decision on course entry.
Consideration will be given to the Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) up to a maximum of 50% of the overall credits needed for the award outcome aimed for.
New students will be allowed to accredit a maximum of 30 credits because the first possible exit outcome from the programme is the PG Certificate (60 credits).
Students transferring from other courses with learning equivalent 60 credits may apply to accredit that learning if the exit outcome is the PG Diploma (120 credits).
The ICR will require a detailed description of the prior learning and transcript of the prior learning the applicant wishes to accredit towards the diploma or degree in order to assess equivalence.
The ICR may ask applicants presenting prior learning for accreditation to undertake assessments to test the equivalence of knowledge to that required by the course.
Please read the entry requirements and our admissions policy before applying. To apply please fill in the following three forms:
- Download an Application for Admissions Form
- Download a Confidential Reference Form
- Download an Equal Opportunities and Disability Support Information Form
Return completed forms to: MSc Course Office, The Institute of Cancer Research, Glen House, 125 Old Brompton Road, London, SW7 3RP
- Download an MSc in Oncology Application Guide
- Excerpt from the ICR’s Regulation Concerning Credit Transfer and the Accreditation of Prior Learning
To request an application form by post or for general enquiries contact us by email or call us on 020 7153 5386 / 5384.